Infants and young children are sensitive to the effects of extreme heat, and must rely on other people to keep them cool and hydrated.
- Never leave infants or children in a parked car, even if the windows are open.
- Never leave pets in a parked car - they can suffer heat-related illness too.
- Never leave infants or children in a parked car. Nor should pets be left in parked cars—they can suffer heat related illness too.
- Dress infants and children in loose, lightweight, light-colored clothing.
- Seek medical care immediately if your child has symptoms of symptoms of heat-related illness.
- Drink plenty of water