Get Your Flu Shot, Wash Your Hands, Stay Home When Sick
Seasonal Flu Immunization Clinics: Vaccines are our best prevention tool against flu. Get your annual flu vaccine. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention now recommends everyone six months of age and older receive an annual flu vaccine. Schedule your vaccination through your healthcare provider, stop by a local pharmacy or call Jefferson County Public Health to schedule an appointment.
Jefferson County Public Health (JCPH) provides seasonal flu vaccinations for individuals 6 months and older at our Lakewood clinic. Vaccinations are available by appointment only, so please call 303-239-7078 to make an appointment. There is an administrative fee of $21.68 per vaccine. Vaccine fees for adults and children vary depending on the vaccine requested and insurance coverage. Service will not be denied due to inability to pay for any child qualifying for publicly funded vaccine, and fees may be waived. We can bill for Medicaid, Medicare, CHP+, and a number of private insurances. Please inquire about coverage when making an appointment.
Remember, influenza is a respiratory illness that can cause life-threatening complications. Do your part to stop the flu!
- Get a seasonal vaccination;
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water (use anti-bacterial gel if soap and water are not available);
- Cover your sneezes and coughs with a tissue or your elbow;
- Avoid others with respiratory illnesses; and,
- Unless it’s an emergency, call a health care provider about your flu-like symptoms. The best option may be to stay home until your illness has resolved.
Wonder if you have the flu or just a bad cold? Download our flu or cold brochure.