Practice healthy swimming behaviors:
· Refrain from swimming when ill, especially if you have diarrhea.
· Avoid swallowing pool water or even getting in your mouth
· Shower before swimming and wash hands after using bathroom or changing diapers. Change diapers in bathroom and not at poolside or near water.EHS performs routine inspections of year round public and semi-public pools/spas. Follow up inspections are performed as needed. JCPH also offers a two-day course is designed to prepare individuals in the basic knowledge, techniques, and skills of pool-spa operations.
Pool/Spa Certification Course
- For more information about Recreational Water Illness Prevention and Healthy Swimming, contact Leslie Frank, Environmental Health Specialist at 303-271-5776 or email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Information can also be found on the Centers for Disease Control web site at: www.cdc.gov/healthyswimming.
In some areas of Jefferson County, a substantial number of residential dwellings receive water from private wells. The department recommends that well water be tested for certain contaminants. JCPH Water Quality page: http://jeffco.us/public-health/water-quality/drinking-water-wells/