- More than 3 million US women are at risk of exposing their developing baby to alcohol.
- 3 in 4 women who want to get pregnant as soon as possible report drinking alcohol.
- 100% Fetal alcohol spectrum disorders are completely preventable.
- Women who are pregnant or who might be pregnant should be aware that any level of alcohol use could harm their baby.
- All types of alcohol can be harmful, including all wine and beer.
- The baby’s brain, body, and organs are developing throughout pregnancy and can be affected by alcohol at any time.
- Drinking while pregnant can also increase the risk of miscarriage, stillbirth, prematurity, and sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS).
Read the report, view an infographic with data and learn about prevention.